Contact Me:

Friday, January 25, 2013

Green Smoothie Challenge - Week 2

I started my second week of the green smoothie challenge last Tuesday.  I admit I have had a few slip ups (I'm only human)  I've been drinking the green smoothies daily but I have been snacking a little. I had a chocolate chip brownie with whipped cream Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.  I've also made rice krispie treats and caramel popcorn.  I was snacking on those during the evening mostly after eating dinner.

I have notice that my dinner portions have gotten smaller and I lost 2 pounds.  This week I added kale and avocado to my smoothies.  The kale has a strong taste so you have to use really sweet fruits to cut it.  You can not taste the avocado at all but it makes the smoothies really creamy.

Hopefully, as I continue with this challenge my need for sugar will decrease.

Here are my smoothies for week 2:



Day 8 - kale, spinach, ginger, vanilla greek yogurt, coconut water, pineapple, banana, and strawberries 















Day 9 - kale, spinach, green apple, cilantro, ginger, banana, lemon and almond milk

I only drunk half of this smoothie as I did not care for it too much.  The taste was good but the texture was too mushy for me.  I think what made the texture unappealing was that I put fresh lemon juice with the almond milk.  I plan on making this smoothie substituting the almond milk for orange juice or maybe water.














Day 9 lunch - pomegranate juice, vanilla greek yogurt, 1/4 orange, strawberries, banana, spinach and flaxseeds














 Day 10 - spinach, blueberries, strawberries, mango and water














Day 10 lunch on the go - kale, spinach, coconut oil, pineapple, mango and coconut water (MY FAVORITE)













Day 11 - spinach, kale, flaxseeds, 1/2 orange, apple, pineapple, mango, banana and almond milk












 
Day 12 - Spinach, 1/2 avocado, ginger, green apple, green grapes, coconut oil and coconut water













 
Day 13 - spinach, kale, blackberries, strawberries, kiwi, peaches, banana, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup coconut water and agave nectar













Day 14 - spinach, 1/2 avocado, orange juice, coconut water, coconut oil, pineapple, banana and flaxseeds














For week 3, I will add cacao powder, chard and chai seeds to my smoothies.



TIP:  A good way to store the other half of the avocado so it does not brown is to put fresh lemon juice on it, wrap it in plastic wrap really tight then store the avocado in an air tight container in the fridge.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment