Contact Me:

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Green Smoothie Challenge - week 1

I started the green smoothie challenge last Tuesday. I am not looking to lose weight, just belly fat and to be healthy.

The first day I replaced lunch with a green smoothie. The second day I replaced breakfast and lunch with a green smoothie. I ate a little over half of my dinner that night, which is not normal. On the third day I only replaced breakfast. I was going down to my mother's job later that day. She works a few doors down from the Honey Baked Ham store, I just had to have their Tuscan pesto turkey melt sandwich for lunch. I couldn't finish the whole sandwich, I was so full from just eating half! I gave the other half to my son.



Day 1 - 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of mixed berries, 1 cup of almond milk, 1/2 banana and agave nectar:


Day 2 - 2 handfuls of spinach, 1/2 an orange, 1 banana, 1 apple, 5 strawberries, 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (makes 2 servings) :


Day 3 - a handful of spinach, 1 cup of mixed berries, 1/2 banana, 2 tablespoons of flax seeds, 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice:


Day 4 - 2 handfuls of spinach, 1/2 cup of pineapple, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, 1/2 an orange, 5 strawberries, 2 tablespoons of flax seeds, 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of almond milk:


Day 5 - handful of spinach, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and banana


Day 6 - handful of spinach, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/2 cup of almond milk, tablespoon of flaxseeds, pineapple, mango, strawberries and banana (same as day 5)


Day 7 - handful of spinach, blackberries, 1/4 orange, greek blueberry yogurt, 1/2 cup coconut water and a tablespoon of flaxseeds





For week two,  I plan on adding kale and coconut water to my smoothies and replacing breakfast and lunch for a least 3 of the days.








No comments:

Post a Comment