Contact Me:

Friday, January 4, 2013

5 things your skin needs daily







Antioxidants 
Super foods, that you mostly likely already eat, that are rich in antioxidants:
  • Apples
  • Broccoli
  • Onions 
  • Red Grapes
  • Mangoes
  • Greens (collard, turnip and mustard)
  • Sunflower Seeds

Check out http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/antioxidants-your-immune-system-super-foods-optimal-health for a more detailed list of super foods that contain antioxidants.

Sun Protection
Everyone must protect their skin from the sun regardless of your ethnicity.  Try using a moisturizer with SPF in it and then top it with sunscreen.

Essential Fatty Acids
Certain foods you can find essential fatty acids in are:

  • Fish
  • Flaxseeds
  • Canola Oil
  • Cantaloupe
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Pinto Beans
Water
I really need to drink water, if I don't it shows in my skin.  My face will look dry, dull and greyish and my eczema flairs up.  It is very important that I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.  I would suggest you drink as much water as possible.  If you don't like the taste of water, try flavoring it with fresh lemon.

Cleansing
In the morning washing your face with H2O is good enough.  In the evening use your favorite face wash to remove the day's buildup.

Once a week try a face mask.  I like to do an oatmeal mask: ground oatmeal, add honey and lemon to form a paste.  Apply to clean skin, I usually leave the mask on for 15 minutes sometimes longer if I am in the middle of something. Rinse with warm water then follow with your favorite moisturizer

You can also try an egg mask: mix together one egg white and lemon juice, apply to clean skin, let it dry then rinse with warm water then follow with your favorite moisturizer.

I prefer to make my own face mask, if you don't a store bought one will do just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment