Contact Me:

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday VoxBox 2012

My first post that is not a transfer from Tumblr!!!

I received the Holiday VoxBox from Influenster on Christmas Eve.  I get so excited when I get a new VoxBox, it's the anticipation of seeing what is in the box (they don't tell you) and getting free stuff! With the holidays I was not able to post until now.







In the box was:

Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal - $1.79 per cup

NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine - $2.49

Kiss Nail Dress - $6.99

EBOOST - $28 for a box of 20

Goody QuikStyle Brush (Paddle) - $11.99

Sole Society $25 off coupon

The first thing I saw when I opened the box was the Goody QuikStyle Brush.  I must say I was really excited about this brush.  I have natural hair and I need to use something to help detangle my hair but not pull my hair out.  I haven't been able to test out the brush yet because I have box braids in but as soon as they come out I will test out this brush.

If you look closely you can see the microfibers bristles that will help with drying your hair faster.


My youngest daughter was excited about the Kiss Nail Dress, I received the cheetah print ones.  And I will NOT let her put them on her nails, she is only 9. Because I have a huge gash in one of my nails, I only tested the nail dress on my pinky nail.  The application was easy enough.  However, I did file it down too far and I didn't really size it correctly.  We'll blame my errors on the kids being home lol. I've had the nail dress on for a few days now and I have not experienced any peeling.


I've used the NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine a few times since I have received it.  The lipshine is a nude color that really gives my lips a nice shine.  You can still tell I have on something other than chapstick.  I like it for days when I feel like rocking a natural look.  I would most likely restock when I run out of this lipshine.


Generally, I only eat Quakers brown sugar oatmeal and I eat it really fast before it gets cold (gross).  I tried to get my oldest daughter to taste test the Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal in summer berry for me.  She didn't want to so I had to suck it up and try it myself.  It was actually pretty good.  This oatmeal may be added to the grocery list.


I've tested and reviewed the EBOOST before with the same results, it is not to my liking.  This time I was sent the pink lemonade flavored powder and it was still awful.  The price is also too high which means I will never purchase this product.  Sorry!


The Sole Society coupon will expire at the end of this month which means I will not be able to use it.  I will have to pass this goody off to someone else.
 

Special thanks to Influenster for sending me these VoxBoxes to test and try new products for free.  Some of these products I probably would have never picked up in the stores if it was not for Influenster.




No comments:

Post a Comment