Contact Me:

Monday, September 14, 2015

Religion

When people ask me what church I go to or if I go to church, I tell them no and let them know I do not believe in organized religion.  A lot of times, some take this an insult.  I don't know why my belief is an insult to them.  I mean I can feel insulted that they practice a religion that I don't believe in.

Sometimes, I am not able to articulate my view as well as I would like.  Last week, I was watching the Carmichael Show and they hit on this topic.  Jerrod Carmichael's (the main character) live-in girlfriend Maxine told his family she was Jewish but not practicing.  She then told them she was an Agnostic.  Now I have never heard this term before and I vowed to look it up when the show was over.  However, throughout the show the points she was trying to make were exactly how I feel.

Agnostic - it basically means that we don't believe or disbelieve in the existence of GOD.  Now don't freak all the way out yet...we are not Atheists.  We're like in the middle, you need to prove to us GOD exist and you need to be able to prove factually GOD does not exist.

Oftentimes, I question why certain ethnicities are practicing Christians especially after all the hardships we/they have been through.  I ask myself why would GOD allow a race of people to be slaves?  Why would GOD allow a young man to walk up in his house and kill his children who were praying to him?  Then I wonder if it wasn't for GOD, how did that baby survive the police shooting up the car he was in?  How after a night of drinking I was able to wake up the next morning and not remember the drive home but I was home safe with no accidents?  You know they say He looks after babies and dummies? I also wonder if GOD did exist, how did all the other races survive before the Europeans introduced him?  What makes one religion different than other?  Why do some worship Allah? 

There are many many many more questions I have to I know most will not be able to answer.  Once, I asked on Facebook why did most Christians go to church on Sunday when Saturday is the Sabbath.  The ones who quote bible scriptures all day everyday didn't even attempt to answer me.  I did have one person tell me to ask a Pastor :\  If you go to church and read the bible as much as you say, shouldn't you be able to answer what I deemed to be a simple question?

Hopefully, one day I will be able to sit down and have a non-argumentative conversation with someone about religion.  I would love to know why Theists believe and why Atheists do not.  Maybe one will be able to answer my questions without being offended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment