Contact Me:

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Po Boy Jim on H Street

A couple of weeks ago, a few of my friends and I ventured out to Po Boy Jim on H Street NE.  Po Boy Jim is a fairly new establishment so it really wasn't crowded.  It is a family owned business which I love.

When we walked in, we were greeted by Rachel.  Rachel was such an awesome server!  She is getting into bartending and was excited to make our drinks.  I had the Arnie Palmer (their adult version of the Arnold Palmer), my friend had the Po Boy Hurricane (it was strong and delish) and we also had the Limelight, which was good.

Now on to the food....I started with their wing flight.  You get 10 wings in 3 different flavors (Carolina BBQ, Jerk and Honey Bourbon).  The honey bourbon wings were my fave!  The Carolina BBQ wings were good and the jerk was okay (spicy but not traditional jerk IMO).

Next up I ordered the shrimp yardie.  The yardie has this mango sauce on it, it was good with a sweet then spicy kick. The yardie is a very messy sandwich.

My friend Pepper ordered the steak and cheese with shrimp.  She said it was good but not worth the price.

My other friend Quita ordered the salmon po boy and deviled eggs. Everyone ate the deviled eggs except me.  They said the deviled eggs were really good.  Quita liked her salmon but couldn't finish it.

My girl R opted for a starter as her meal.  She went with the crab balls, she said they were delish.

The only issue we had was that I wanted onion rings (all the sandwiches come with fries).  Since I didn't say it before my order went in my friend Pepper ordered onion rings with hers.  When her sandwich came, there were fries on her plate.  Rachel was very apologetic and put in an order of onion rings for us even though we said she didn't have to.  I am actually glad she did as they were so good :)

Rachel also split our bill without anyone asking.  We usually just divide the bill amongst everyone (my friends are not the type to analyze a bill and only pay for what they ordered :))

Overall - I will definetly go back there to try their other Po Boys.

Bonus: If you take a picture of your food and post it on InstaGram while still dining, you will receive an order of beignets.


Quita and Pepper enjoying the wings.


R taking her first ever bite of beignets



R enjoying the Limelight


My Arnie Palmer


The wing flight, R's crab balls and our Limelights

No comments:

Post a Comment