Contact Me:

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Making time for friends

I'm guilty of not making time to hang out with my friends.  Life changed, I had kids and became a wife, in that order (some of us are backwards).  What was once an active social life became sitting in the house or running the kids around or trying to date my husband. Being laid off of work also paid a huge part in not hanging out. 

Now I look on IG, Facebook, Twitter, etc and see my friends going out to dinner, lounges, and/or on vacation.  I sit back looking at their pictures thinking 1) why wasn't I invited and 2) I'm so hating right now.  I randomly had a convo with one of my girlfriends and she told me "you're never able to make any events so we stopped inviting you." That stung but it also made me think.   Why should they make an effort to keep inviting me out if I never make an effort to attend?  Why can't I go out with my friends at least once a month?

It doesn't have to always be going out to a restaurant or club.  We can meet up at someone's house and have a potluck style dinner.  There is nothing like having a group of girlfriends you can slip wine with, share your accomplishments with, who are your support system and who you could just generally have a good time with.  I miss that.

It's summer and it's a lot easier for me to get out without having to worry about my kids schedules.  So I vow to make a better effort to hang out with my friends.  Winter may be hard but I plan to at least meet up with them at least once a month.

How do you manage a busy schedule and still make time for your girlfriends? 

No comments:

Post a Comment