Contact Me:

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend Activities


Easter weekend was busy!  I am glad I took time to rest up on Friday instead of hanging out.

On Saturday, one of my good girlfriends (old BFF) had her babyshower.  This is her first child and she is carrying her baby so well.  I wished I looked as good as her when I was pregnant :)  The baby shower was cute and fun.  I got to catch up with some folks I have not seen in forever.  I didn't get a lot of pics as I was actually enjoying the time with my friends.


Saturday night some more friends and I headed to the Fillmore for the 80s vs 90s dance party.  I loved that just about everyone participated in the theme.  I wore an all white Guess jean outfit, a pair of Reebok pumps and a pink crop top.  I of course had to rock a pair of bamboo earrings.


When we got to the venue, the house DJ was playing.  I thought he probably should have stuck to the theme of the night and played songs from the 80s and/or 90s instead of songs we hear everyday on the radio today.  Biz Markie came out to DJ not too long after our arrival.  He mostly played rock songs with a few rap songs sprinkled in. He played for about 30 minutes then a rock cover band came out.   Biz Markie came back out to close the show with hip hop, R&B and a couple of reggae/dancehall tunes.  I danced so hard Saturday night, I was sweating.  I may have even lost a pound or two LOL


Sunday was all about family.  My mother hosted her annual Easter Sunday dinner.  We had family from NC come up and 2 of my fab 5 came to celebrate with us.  The food was great, the drinks were strong and the company was even better.

My 1st cousin - our serious look

Overall, this was a great weekend.  As summer approaches, I look forward to more like it.

My outfit for the 80s vs 90s dance party deets: jacket and jeans from Guess.  Top from Forever 21 ($4.00!), bangles (already had), earrings from Ebay, rope chain and herringbone necklace from Frugal Finds NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment