Contact Me:

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lip Exfoliation - DIY

Last week I noticed my lips were starting to peel. There is nothing I hate most than to get that dreaded dead skin on my lips, especially because I love to wear lipstick.

I figured we exfoliate our skin why not our lips. So I went on a google and YouTube search.  After going to numerous sites and YT clips, I came up with a good recipe.

For my lip exfoliation, I mix the following together:

2 tbsp of sugar (white or brown)
1/2 tsp of olive oil
1 tsp of honey

I applied the paste mixture to my lips then rub it in a little. Then I took a toothbrush (new) and brushed my lips in a circular motion to remove the dead skin. Make sure you are being gentle when doing this step, you don't want to cause your lips to bleed.

Once I removed the dead skin, I rinsed my lips off, dried them off and applied a lip balm.

My lips were/are super soft. I will definitely add lip exfoliation to my weekly routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment